Mardi Gras Hotel
Premier party season in New Orleans
Perhaps it's the anticipation of the merriment, the excitement of catching throws, the extravaganza of the parades, getting dressed up in costume, or going to a Ball -- but a frame of mind takes over the Big Easy and says "forget your problems and have fun!"
Mardi Gras officially starts at Twelfth Night, which occurs 12 days after Christmas on January 6th. There are several celebrations around the city, and it is a great day here at our Mardi Gras hotel in New Orleans. It means for us King Cake Lovers, that the bakeries around town will have King Cake for sale! Mardi Gras Day (which is also Fat Tuesday) is the last day of the Mardi Gras Carnival season. Mardi Gras day falls on a different day each year. It is always 46 days before Easter.
The parades will pass directly in front of the hotel. In addition to the noted parades, there may be a parade either preceding or following on the other side of Canal St., located across the median from the hotel.
We are pleased to offer our guests two ticket options.
Ticket Option 1: Includes viewing stand access only.
Ticket Option 2: Includes exclusive drink options, in addition to viewing stand access. Guests will receive 3 drink tickets for house brand wine, well brand cocktails, or draft beer at the Pelican Lobby Bar. Drink service begins 1 hour before the start of the parade, up until 30 minutes after the parade. Drink tickets are non-transferable and only apply for the time of the parades they were purchased for.
Tickets are available for the following parades:
- February 27, Krewe of Nyx
- February 28, Krewre of Muses
- March 1, Krewe of Morpheus
- March 2, Krewe of Iris & Krewe of Tucks
- March 3, Krewe of Mid-City, Krewe of Thoth, & Krewe of Bacchus
- March 4, Krewe of Proteus & Krewe of Orpheus
- March 5, Krewe of Zulu & Krewe of Rex
Hotel Access & Parking during Mardi Gras
During Mardi Gras, there will be some local street closures due to parades, so please allow extra time when traveling to the hotel. Access to the hotel over Mardi Gras will be limited to registered guests only. Registered guests will be identified by wearing a hotel issued wristband. The hotel will have very limited parking over these dates and will be available on a first come, first serve basis with no in/out privileges. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Visit www.mardigrasguide.com for more information and parade routes.
For more Things To Do In New Orleans click here.
Mardi Gras 2019 Special Offers
at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
See below for special offers that include customized, exclusive amenities and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
2019 Mardi Gras Party Experience
Our Mardi Gras Party Experience is perfect for guests looking to be in the heart of the excitement and leaves plenty of time in your schedule for fun! Guests will enjoy:
- Accommodations in a standard King/double guestroom
- 2 welcome Hurricane cocktails, Arthur Hardy’s Mardi Gras Guide Book and specialty Mardi Gras beads to get the party started
- Complimentary high speed internet access
Book online or call 888-627-7033 and mention rate plan LAPKG1.
2 Night stay required, full prepayment due at the time of booking.
Mardi Gras Ultimate Insider’s Experience
Perfect for anyone looking to check 'Mardi Gras' off their Bucket List in style, our Mardi Gras Insider Experience is available for travel 2/25/19 - 3/10/19. Watch the spectacle from historic Canal Street, the most celebrated parade route in the world while enjoying the adjacent legendary French Quarter. Guests will enjoy the following benefits during their stay:
- Accomodations in an Executive Suite with access to the Club Lounge
- 2 welcome Hurricane cocktails, an Arthur Hardy’s Mardi Gras Guide Book and specialty Mardi Gras beads to get the party started
- 2 seats at the Orpheuscapade, the magical celebration which follows the parade and features an all-star musical line up with dancing until dawn
- Catering basket for the Orpheuscapade including hors d’ouevres and a bottle of your favorite adult beverage
- 2 tickets to the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel parade viewing stands on Mardi Gras day or Sunday prior
- Mardi Gras Recovery Kit that includes Bloody Mary’s or mimosas for two (plus a pain reliever!)
Book online or call 866-716-8134 and mention rate plan LCPKG1.
5 night stay is required and full prepayment will be due at the time of booking.
Terms & Conditions
© 2018 Marriott International, Inc.