"Laissez les bons temps rouler!" - "Let the good times roll!"
Whether you're visiting the city on a vacation with the kids or for a romantic weekend getaway, there's a bit of something for everyone to enjoy in New Orleans. From one-of-a-kind cultural activities to unique dining opportunities, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel places guests near an endless array of things to do in the city. Explore our top ideas below.
Explore New Orleans - Here's How:
1. Catch a breezy streetcar ride through the Garden District // Stamp your passport >>
2. Indulge in beignets and Café au Lait at the legendary Café du Monde // Stamp your passport >>
3. Get a Daiquiri “to go” // Stamp your passport >>
4. Amble around Jackson Square and soak in the scene // Stamp your passport >>
5. See a Mardi Gras float up-close // Stamp your passport >>
6. Sample some boiled crawfish // Stamp your passport >>
7. Explore Magazine Street with its neighborhood bars, eclectic shops and quaint eateries // Stamp your passport >>
8. Gallery-hop on Royal Street // Stamp your passport >>
Click "Stamp your passport" to book one of our exclusive passport packages and earn bonus Starpoints!
9. Take a spin on the carousel in City Park // Stamp your passport >>
10. Have a frozen mug of Barq’s and an oyster po-boy at Liuzza’s // Stamp your passport >>
11. Enjoy live Jazz on Frenchmen Street // Stamp your passport >>
12. Dance 'til you drop at Rock 'n Bowl // Stamp your passport >>
13. Cross the Mississippi River on the Algiers Ferry // Stamp your passport >>
14. Find authentic gumbo ingredients in the French Market // Stamp your passport >>
15. Take a tour of haunted places during a pub crawl // Stamp your passport >>
16. See a movie at The Prytania Theatre // Stamp your passport >>
17. Take a picture of yourself wearing a Mardi Gras mask // Stamp your passport >>
18. Eat a Lucky Dog // Stamp your passport >>
19. See the Rebirth Brass Band at the Maple Leaf Bar // Stamp your passport >>
20. Visit the National WWII Museum // Stamp your passport >>
21. Head to one of the city's many festivals // Stamp your passport >>
22. Munch on a Muffaletta // Stamp your passport >>
23. Sip on a Hurricane in the courtyard of the world-famous Pat O'Brien's // Stamp your passport >>
24. Cruise the Mississippi on an authentic paddle wheeler // Stamp your passport >>
25. Visit a City of the Dead; a New Orleans cemetery with its above-ground tombs // Stamp your passport >>
Earn Starpoints for completing activities above with one of our exclusive local packages
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel boasts an excellent location on the historic Canal Street streetcar line, steps away from the French Quarter. Catch a relaxing ride up Canal Street to City Park and the New Orleans Museum of Art or ride down to St. Charles Avenue and explore the beautiful Garden District. Our hotel is also a short walk away from popular things to do like Harrah's Casino, the Aquarium of the Americas, Mardi Gras World, the IMAX Theater, Audubon Insectarium, Woldenberg Riverfront Park, Audubon Zoo, Saenger Theater, the Shoppes at Canal Place, Outlet Collection at Riverwalk, JAX Brewery and the French Market.
Restaurants & Nightlife
Located adjacent to the renowned French Quarter, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel is in close proximity to the city's most beloved restaurants, legendary nightlife, one-of-a-kind music clubs and so much more. Although there are plenty of things to do in the French Quarter, our hotel is also situated near an array of other attractions, including Preservation Hall, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, the New Orleans Museum of Art, Louisiana State Museum Complex, Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts, The National WWII Museum and the Louisiana Children’s Museum. Guests can also enjoy easy access to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, home of the Sugar Bowl.
New Orleans Festivals
Exit the hotel's front doors and step directly onto the world’s most celebrated parade route, making us the perfect Mardi Gras hotel and your parade headquarters. As official Host Hotel of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival we are ground zero for all fest activity, including ticket sales and shuttle busses between the hotel and the Festival grounds.