Things to do in New Orleans
There's Something for Everyone in New Orleans, and the Sheraton New Orleans is at the center of it all. Everything the Big Easy has to offer is just minutes away from our front door including arts, family activities, culture, shopping, and more! To help get you started, we've put together fun ideas for you below! "Laissez les bons temps rouler!" - "Let the good times roll!"
Explore NOLA. We suggest you try the below.
1. Catch a breezy streetcar ride through the Garden District // Stamp your passport >>
2. Indulge in beignets and Café au Lait at the legendary Café du Monde // Stamp your passport >>
3. Get a Daiquiri“to go” // Stamp your passport >>
4. Amble around Jackson Square and survey the art // Stamp your passport >>
5. See a Mardi Grasfloat up close // Stamp your passport >>
6. Try some boiled crawfish // Stamp your passport >>
7. Explore Magazine Street with its neighborhood bars, eclectic shops, extensive eateries // Stamp your passport >>
8. Gallery hop on Royal Street // Stamp your passport >>
Click "Stamp your passport" to book one of our exclusive passport packages and earn bonus Starpoints!
9. Take a spin on the carousel in City Park // Stamp your passport >>
10. Have a frozen mug of Barq’s and an oyster po-boy at Liuzza’s // Stamp your passport >>
11. Enjoy live Jazz on Frenchmen Street // Stamp your passport >>
12. Dance till you drop at Rock n Bowl // Stamp your passport >>
13. Cross the Mississippi River on the Algiers Ferry // Stamp your passport >>
14. Find authentic gumbo ingredients in the French Market // Stamp your passport >>
15. Take a tour of haunted places during a pub crawl // Stamp your passport >>
16. See a movie at The Prytania Theatre // Stamp your passport >>
17. Take a picture wearing a Mardi Gras mask // Stamp your passport >>
18. Eat a Lucky Dog // Stamp your passport >>
19. See the Rebirth Brass Band at the Maple Leaf Bar // Stamp your passport >>
20. Visit the National WWII Museum // Stamp your passport >>
21. Head to one of the many festivals // Stamp your passport >>
22. Munch on a Muffaletta // Stamp your passport >>
23. Sip a Hurricane in the courtyard of World-Famous Pat O'Brien's // Stamp your passport >>
24. Cruise the Mississippi on an authentic paddle wheeler // Stamp your passport >>
25. Visit a City of the Dead; a New Orleans cemetery with its above ground tombs // Stamp your passport >>
Earn Starpoints for completing activities above with one of our exclusive local packages
The Sheraton New Orleans Hotel boasts a prime location directly on the historic Canal Street streetcar line where guests can catch a breezy, relaxing ride up Canal Street to City Park and the New Orleans Museum of Art or down to St. Charles Avenue to the Garden District. We are a short walk from Harrah's Casino, the Aquarium of the Americas, Mardi Gras World, the IMAX Theater, Audubon Insectarium, Woldenberg Riverfront Park, Audubon Zoo, Saenger Theater, dozens of galleries and popular shopping destinations such as the Shoppes at Canal Place, Outlet Collection at Riverwalk, JAX Brewery and the French Market. Within walking distance you'll find fun and entertainment for as long as you plan on staying.
Restaurants & Nightlife
Adjacent to the renowned French Quarter, home to world-famous New Orleans restaurants, legendary nightlife, live music clubs, and a one-of-a-kind, spirited atmosphere, the Sheraton New Orleans puts you right in the heart of all the best the Big Easy has to offer. While many visitors are content to spend their entire stay in the French Quarter, if you do venture out great things await you. The entire city and all major attractions are easily accessible from the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel including Preservation Hall, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, the New Orleans Museum of Art, Louisiana State Museum Complex, Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts, The National WWII Museum and the Louisiana Children’s Museum. Enjoy easy access to the New Orleans Mercedes-Benz Superdome, home of the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
New Orleans Festivals
Exit the hotel's front doors and step directly onto the world’s most celebrated parade route, making us the perfect Mardi Gras hotel and your parade headquarters. As official Host Hotel of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival we are ground zero for all fest activity, including ticket sales and shuttle busses between the hotel and the Festival grounds.